Sunday, February 6, 2011

Multiple Skin Tones, The Blood Is One

Welcome to the first post for The Blood Is One, a hip-hop enthusiast blog.

The genesis of the blog was when my friend Will Pierce sent me a comic book themed song that pitted the world of comic books against the most famous rappers in the game:


I listen to alot of hip-hop and have written professionally about rappers and rap groups for Seaspot magazine and Earthwalkers Magazine. I had never heard what he sent me before. I figured that he would be as damn good of a partner in something like this as anyone else.

Neither of us look like rap guys and if you visit either of our Twitter accounts (@mopowell and @greatistheworld, respectively), that vibe will likely not translate. Nevertheless, I think and hope that we will provide a service to our readers in exploring all facets of the genre and bringing to light untapped gems and new talents. We may cross into other genres because we're like that. I'll be starting this out on Blogger and may choose a new platform if things work out well. Likewise I will recruit more people to the blog if things work out.

I've created an e-mail account for this blog at bloodisone@gmail.com. If you want to contact us, you can leave a comment or send something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment