Friday, May 27, 2011

Blood Is One: Here Because Of You

This is incredible.

When I went to sleep last night, Blood Is One had 692 followers on Twitter. Pretty substantial, especially since we were at 600 earlier that day.

When I woke up, we were up at 727 followers. That's 35 followers adding themselves overnight.

Even more impressively, the followers were more than just the Eminem/Yelawolf followers I've been courting. We got a bunch of followers who were new artists seeking to establish their name. It was really pretty surprising. My inbox was also filled with artists asking to have their stuff reviewed on the website.

This entire venture started as an effort between Will Pierce and I to have our ramblings back and forth about hip-hop be more than just a masturbatory Facebook effort of sending back and forth songs we liked. I didn't expect it to take off the way it has or for us to become affiliated with the legitimately talented artists we have. The work I've been getting for the next mixtape from Kenan, CaLii and Carl is as top quality as I could expect and I really can't wait to release it to the world.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment