Thursday, September 21, 2017

An Interview With Often Spaced


Hello all, following is my interview with up and coming ethereal hip-hop artist Often Spaced, part of the Blood Is One neo-hip-hop collective! For those who don't know, Blood Is One started in 2012 to initially promote rappers Kenan Bell and Carl Roe. We're very excited to be associated with Often Spaced and hope to get him where he needs to be.

In addition, please donate a suggested donation of $25 via PayPal. This will help me get the resources I need to print flyers and help make Blood Is One a project that will help artists like Often Spaced get gigs, tour and produce music. It can be donated on PayPal to the e-mail bloodisone@gmail.com:




What inspired the name "Often Spaced?" - I've always been different than anybody I ever knew. I tend to let my mind wander alot and I live in my own little world with my own rules. I also smoke alot of weed and am truly fascinated with space. Being such a daydreamer and dreamer, i decided "Often Spaced" was the perfect moniker to describe myself. It combines all those elements into a phrase that personifies me to the tee.

Why did you choose an ethereal sound over a more traditional hip-hop sound? - I like trippy sounding music being that I am a stoner. A huge influence in my music is Kid Cudi and The Weeknd so elements of their music appear in mine often, no pun intended. I like a more dramatic track with raw emotion and that sound really helps bring it to life.

What music artists have been an inspiration to you? - 2pac, Biggie, Common, Old Kanye West, Kid Cudi, The Weeknd, etc.

Where do you hope to see your career take you? - To making music with one of the artists I idolize. Kid Cudi is my number one. I might die from a happiness overdose if I ever got in the studio with him. Him and the Weeknd at the same time? Bring me back to life so I can die twice please.

If you could work with any other artist, who would it be? - Besides Kid Cudi & The Weeknd, it would be Drake, Amine, Mick Jenkins, Vic Mensa, Kndrick Lamar, J Cole, and PARTYNEXTDOOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment