Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kool Keith Says "Goodbye" To Rap

Dr. Octagynecologist put in almost 25 years of amazing music. If this is it, I appreciated it while it lasted. I can't say that I blame him.

 

Alot of rappers have talked about retiring and not done it but I think Kool Keith might really be serious. Underground hip-hop is not an easy job - you have to do the whole musical process with people who are often very sensitive and ego driven and often asked to do it completely free thanks to downloading - relying on stage shows and merchandise to survive. Throw in jealousy, a music industry that looks down on the genre, etc. and it's easy to see why the genre is declining. Keith is literally the first rapper I ever heard in my life - this song converted me for life when I was in middle school:

No comments:

Post a Comment